Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Joys of Youth

Last night I went to the opera.  It was a famous one complete with celebrity actors.  I sat in a box seat right at the front with just me and my husband.  I was so close I could look into the orchestra pit and see the sweat on the actors faces.

Guess how much my ticket was?

$40 - less than half the normal adult price!

Why you ask?

I have the pleasure of being 29 years old.  Until my 30th birthday I have the very enviable position of being able to buy tickets to amazing theatre, dance and music events for less than the pensioner or student rates!

So even if you haven't yet developed a taste for fine events, now is the time.  Get in while you are young as you might just experience something amazing.

Check out the following websites for great under 30's deals.  The deal won't be for all shows but there are some really good ones!

Sydney Dance Company
Sydney Theatre Company
Sydney Opera House
Sydney Symphony Orchestra
Australian Ballet

By the way, I watched The Threepenny Opera starring Eddie Perfect (of "Offspring" fame).  It was awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment